Before the baptism you must:
- bring in a baptism application form which you can obtain after Mass. Forms (yellow) are kept in the sacristy and also at Reception.
- take part in a pre-baptism catechesis. The date and time of this catechesis will be given when you are planning the baptism.
- arrange a baptism date. Please ensure you have a baptism date before making any plans or arrangements.
At St Ignatius, baptisms usually take place on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of every month. In line with Church tradition we don’t have baptisms during Lent. Baptisms resume in the Easter period. This way, we highlight the meaning of Lent as a time of preparation for baptism. From time to time Baptisms take place at the 10am and 11.30am Mass on Sunday.
Sometimes baptisms may not be possible in the usual times as outlined above owing to other events taking place in the parish.
- child’s birth certificate,
- parents’ baptism certificates – you must have the certificate from at least one parent,
- if both parents are baptised Catholics and have had the Sacrament of Matrimony, the Marriage certificate may be provided instead of the baptism certificate
- Godparents’ certificate of baptism. At least ONE godparent must have a certificate of Confirmation also
- if a Godparent is a baptised Catholic who has had the Sacrament of Matrimony, the Marriage certificate may be provided instead of the certificate of baptism,
- proof of being a practising Catholic provided by the church the person currently attends
- Baptism Application form
- Baptism information booklet
- Child’s birth certificate
- Parents’ baptism certificate
- Godparents’ baptism and confirmation certificate
- Godparents’ proof of being a practising Catholic